Saturday, September 12, 2015

Rhap365 Day 12: Down with the Boogie



Day 12

I will enjoy God by getting down with the boogie.

--


As is, I had promised to post a video of myself dancing should my FB page – Rhapsody365 secure 500 likes.  She is now poised at 498 likes.  So consider this a preemptive strike.

----

Enjoying God

Okay, I admit, the wording “I will enjoy God, while getting down with the boogie” sounds odd.  (And I pray God forgive my tendency seek attention while acting the fool.)  But one of my core beliefs is that life, most fully lived, is done in the presence of God, and more.  It is lived with a deep conscious enjoyment of God, not only as we enjoy his gifts (like music, dance, and friends), but as we are given the privilege of enjoying his very presence within.

When I first started churning the idea for a new 365, I considered calling it “Enjoying God 365”    I later turned to Rhapsody365, with the idea that I did not want to pigeonhole myself thematically.   I wondered too, if that theme might sound unduly pretentious.  (or what, if I lived in such a way that my enjoyment of God was muted.)  Who knows.  I may have made a mistake in changing the name.

Why.

Every moment CAN be, about enjoying God.

--

Over the next week I plan to explore what it means to enjoy God, both by savoring his gifts, and through the due consideration of His being.  Until then I leave you with one of my very favorite Bible passages:

“The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by human hands. And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything. Rather, he himself gives everyone life and breath and everything else. From one man he made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he marked out their appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands. God did this so that they would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from any one of us. ‘FOR IN HIM, WE live, and MOVE, and have our being.’  As some of your own poets have said, ‘We are his offspring.

No comments:

Post a Comment