Monday, May 3, 2010

Wall







May 1, 2010: To be honest, it wasn't the blackness that drew me out into the parking lot of New Life Church (Conway, AR) but the brightness of the clouds behind the storm. I looked out my home window and saw bold white boiling cauldron clouds high above the grey. (you can see something of the larger series on the Mighty Works Facebook Page. So I rushed to a nearby clearing to record more. Then the tornado sirens went off (on) Then they went off (off). I looked around, didn't see anything so kept taking pictures. When the second set of sirens went off some ten minutes later I figured it was time to go home. No touch down in Conway, but many reported seeing a whirling funnel over our downtown - Home of the weekend Toad Suck Daze Festival. (Looks like they lost money again this year?) This same system did generate damaging tornados elsewhere and plenty of flooding rain in Tennessee.

No comments:

Post a Comment