Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Close Encounter











I wonder what the Mantis sees
as he peers at me:
a thousand angel-apes with oculars
shattered on the sky

or does his micro brain combine
the honeycomb
till I am only eye
spread from sea to sea

.



All pics (c) by Kirk Jordan
taken in Conway AR, mid September.

Bonus Link: today as I loaded the blog version of the Mighty Works Project, I noticed that a recently published Mighty Works photo was picked up by Earth Shots. I've submitted a least half a dozen pictures to this daily world "contest" but this is my first picture to be picked. I'm thrilled.
.

http://www.earthshots.org/2008/10/icarus-by-kirk-jordan/

.


The Mighty Works project exists to invite all persons everywhere to join the Mantis in sustained continual prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment